Crystal Jones is out feature for this Survivor Saturday! She is a ball of energy and we are not FAMILY!!! She has an amazing personality and we hit it off immediately! She came to slay for her session and we laughed the entire time she was at the session! Her strength and joy is infectious and I can't wait for you all to read about Crystal....
1. What type of cancer were you diagnosed with and when
I am diagnosed with non Hodgkin lymphoma
2. How old were you when you were diagnosed?
I was 47 years old
3. What/Who helped you get through your treatment?
My family and friends. My partner of 6 years decided to cheat with someone I thought was a friend, so not only was I dealing with that, the cancer attacked my kidneys which they had to treat before the cancer with dialysis.
4. When were you deemed Cancer Free?
That hasn't happened for me yet
5. What did you do to celebrate that special day and your anniversary day?
I celebrate every day I'm alive! I've traveled to places where I wish I could visit and thought I'd never see... like Paris.
6. Do you have any special charities that you are involved in or host as a survivor?
Yes, light the night walk. Also sharing my story of survival not only cancer, kidneys and betrayal
7. What would you say to someone that is just being diagnosed?
I wouldn't say too much. I'd let them speak. Too many times we offer platitudes but we really don't know if Everything is going to be alright. I went through a challenge of feeling guilty that I survived when so many others didn't. Why??? I'm ok with surviving at this juncture and I know that me being here is enough . I don't have to win a noble peace prize.