Great Saturday afternoon to you all! Today's survivor and newest Catherine Rae Photography family member is Ms. Judith Fitzgerald. Judith is amazing and had the best personality. We clicked immediately and had the best time during her session. I love being able to meet new people and getting to know them through this process. Her love of life and cupcakes had us laughing the entire session. We celebrated her birthday the next Saturday and in this short meeting I know we will continue to be friends with each other. Everyone please meet Judith and share her story so that it might bless someone else.
1. What type of cancer were you diagnosed with and when?
I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, Stage 1A on February 6, 2016.
2. How old were you when you were diagnosed?
I was 52 years old when I was diagnosed.
3. What/Who helped you get through your treatment?
My faith in God is what helped me through the diagnosis, the lumpectomy, the radiation treatment, and the medication treatment. My family, as well as my friends who are breast cancer survivors, have also helped me through the process.
4. When were you deemed Cancer Free?
I was deemed Cancer-Free April 5, 2016.
5. What did you do to celebrate that special day and your anniversary day?
I had a Celebration of Life PINK Party at the Rusty Scupper and every year on or around my birthday, I will have a Pink Party Celebration.
6. Do you have any special charities that you are involved in or host as a survivor
I participate in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk as a Survivor. I am also a member of the Eydies' Angel Club, which is a part of the Edith P. Wright Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc.
7. What advice would you give to someone that is just being diagnosed?
Never miss a yearly Mammogram. If you do not have insurance, there are several organizations (i.e., American Breast Cancer Foundation) that fund Mammograms and Biopsies (if needed). Don't let the lack of insurance be an impediment to getting a Mammogram.